Dry fruits ladoo or laddu – an easy and quick recipe for making healthy and delicious dry fruits ladoos for the festive season. this recipe is without ghee/oil and sugar.
There is no exact recipe to make dry fruits ladoos. The proportions of the dry fruits can vary according to your choice. just make sure the dates & figs are a little extra. since the dates and figs here help in binding the ladoos. there is absolutely no need to add any sugar to the recipe. the sweetness from the dates, figs and raisins makes for enough sweetnees in the ladoos…. in fact a little extra sweet.
The best part of this ladoo recipe is that they can be had for the navratri fasting season giving a good dose of nutrition and energy. These ladoos can also be taken with a glass of hot milk for breakfast.
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 2 to 3 tbsp almonds
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 to 2 tbsp cashews
- 8-9 whole dry figs
- 1 to 2 tbsp desiccated coconut (optional)
- ½ tsp green cardamom powder
- Firstly Roast the almonds in a pan till they get browned.
- Keep on stirring the almonds.
- While the almonds are roasting, chop down the dates and figs.
- In a grinder add the roasted almonds, chopped dates, figs, raisins, almonds, desiccated coconut and cardamom powder.
- Grind till it form a coarse mixture and spread on a tray.
- Make small balls from your hands and the dry fruit ladoos are ready.
- Serve with some dry fruits ladoos immediately or store in an air tight container and refrigerate. Dry fruits ladoo stays good for a few days.